Google Hangouts remains District 207’s primary method for students and staff members to collaborate with one another via video, audio, and chat. Through Hangouts, students and staff members have access to far more advanced features than via traditional telephone-based conferencing solutions, including screen-sharing, document-sharing, and chat. Additionally, Hangouts now allows telephone numbers to be added to the Hangout, further extending in to traditional telephone conferencing territory.
In addition to Hangouts, the ShoreTel phone system does offer outstanding conference calling capabilities. The telephones that have been installed throughout District 207 have advanced speaker and microphone capabilities to perform better than an average high quality telephone in a speakerphone/conference call type of situation.
Conference calls can include up to 3 participants. Follow these steps to set-up a conference call.
- Call one of the other attendees of the call.
- While on the phone with that first individual or group, explain that you will be conferencing in the third party.
- Press the physical “Conference” button on the phone.
- Now, make the second call to the other individual or group who will be joining the conference.
- Once you are on the call with the third party, press the physical “Conference” button once again, and now, all three individuals or groups should be on the call.