Updated 5/13/2020: Maine Township High School District 207 was selected for early access to the Shared Drive feature in Google Drive, born Team Drives.
So, what are Shared Drives?
They are shared spaces where teams can store their files and guarantee that every member has the most up-to-date information, no matter the time or place.
What makes them special?
- Every person and Google Group added to a Shared Drive gets instant access to that team’s documents
- Designed to store the team’s work collectively, so if a document’s creator moves off of the team that document doesn’t go with them
- Team members prevented from accidentally removing or deleting files that others need
- The idea is that each team you are on, whether more permanent or ad hoc, will benefit from its own Shared Drive
How do I get started?
- Visit drive.google.com.
- Click “Shared Drives” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click the “New” button at the top of the left-hand side of the screen to create a new Shared Drive for you and your teammates.
- Add members and files to your Shared Drive.
- Play around! Use Shared Drives in your everyday work.
- Provide feedback directly to Google Engineers by clicking the question mark icon in the top right corner of the application and selecting “Send feedback.”
Check out the Help Center if you have any issues.