Maine Township High School District 207 has been selected for early access to a super useful new feature in Google Drive called Team Drives.
So, what are Team Drives?
Shared spaces where teams can store their files and guarantee that every member has the most up-to-date information, no matter the time or place.
What makes them special?
- Every person and Google Group added to a Team Drive gets instant access to that team’s documents
- Designed to store the team’s work collectively, so if a document’s creator moves off of the team that document doesn’t go with them
- Team members prevented from accidentally removing or deleting files that others need
- The idea is that each team you are on, whether more permanent or ad-hoc, will benefit from its own “Team Drive”
How do I get started?
- Visit drive.google.com.
- Click “Team Drives” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click the blue “New Team Drive” button on the left-hand side of the screen to create a new Team Drive for you and your teammates.
- Add teammates and files to your Team Drive.
- Play around! Use Team Drives in your everyday work.
- Provide feedback directly to Google Engineers by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of the application and selecting “Send feedback.” (As early adopters, our feedback has extra power in shaping the product!)
Check out the Help Center if you have any issues.